Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Nellymoser audio segfaults (bug #24355])

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Nellymoser audio segfaults (bug #24355])
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:59:57 +0200

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 03:52:18PM +0200, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> > That said, yes: I'm fine with it returning an exception if it can't
> > fullfill the request, with the request being: get me a decoder for
> > this [audio/video].
> >
> > Now. If we go that way we must:
> >
> > 1) Update MediaHandler.h documentation
> > 2) Update all users of it
>
> There are only two users that would need updating: NetStream and
> soundhandler (in both ffmpeg and gst forms).

When Bastiaan as done with the gst part there'll be only *one*
NetStream and Sound class forms in libcore (did you overlook
Sound as a user ?).

I belive bastiaan is exactly workin there, plus in sound_handler.
That's why I think he'd have conflicts by changing things.

> > 3) Update all implementations
>
> My patch already does this for everything but gst and mad.

Which is 50% (mad is deprecated, gst has to be redone).