Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: how to use it to extract links from a Flash file

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: how to use it to extract links from a Flash file
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:36:15 +0200

Am Montag, den 29.09.2008, 14:11 +0000 schrieb daniel jeem:
> thanks a lot for your answers,
>
> I will see hese compiler, but can I do it with gnash only (extract
> links from a file flash using  gnash)?

You haven't said what sort of "links" you want to extract. Just those
that appear in getURL? Or any URL, for instance in XML.sendAndLoad,
LoadVars.load, LoadVars.send, NetConnection.call, NetStream somewhere,
or the various methods I haven't thought of just now? Or links in
dynamically-loaded text? You need to think about what you need before
asking again.

Gnash will play a SWF and (as a side-effect) log any links (e.g. in
getURL) that it handles. That doesn't mean Gnash will encounter all the
links in a SWF, because you often need user interaction to reach
particular frames. If you want to look at the entire content of an SWF
irrespective of how it's played, Gnash is the wrong tool.

bwy.