Re: [Gnash-dev] Character encoding design

From: Russ Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Character encoding design
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 12:05:09 -0400

Benjamin Wolsey writes:
 > I favour using a custom string class in libcore only, because it can
 > solve all the problems most efficiently. The disadvantage is that it
 > requires changes to the core (mostly minor changes, but lots of
 > them).

This is not a big disadvantage in my mind.  The changes are likely to
be mostly mechanical changes (syntax), rather than meaning (semantics).

 > The other difficulty is finding a way of enforcing the interface.

Worry less about that.  Python has no interface enforcement other than
the convention that variable names which begin with _ are private
names.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Unregulation is a slippery
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | slope to prosperity and