Re: [Gnash-dev] Hi from swftools.org

From: Tom Stellard
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Hi from swftools.org
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 00:38:06 +0800

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:

> Anyway, one of the reasons for poking my head in here is
> that right now I'm in the progress of writing a compiler for
> AS3.0.

Alright! A real AS3.0 compiler would be great.  Right now Gnash uses
Haxe for testing AVM2, which is OK, but not nearly as good for testing
as a real compiler.  How much progress have you made on the AS3.0
compiler?

> As you already have an AVM2 implementation, I'll probably set up a
> testbench for this using gnash, so I might drop a line here
> more often now.

Most of the AVM2 work on Gnash is being done in the AVM2 branch.  The
implementation is not really complete at this point, but it can run
some simple swf9 files and print out traces, but no graphics yet.  If
you want you can take a look at the current code here using bzr:
bzr branch http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnash/avm2
It is currently under heavy development and any advice or suggestions
you might have are always welcome.

-Tom