Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash packages for Fedora / OLPC

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash packages for Fedora / OLPC
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:21:37 +0100

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 12:52:08AM -0700, John Gilmore wrote:

> It seems like whatever Fedora was popular when a release was made, got
> a binary package; and no future releases were ever ported to that
> Fedora.  No problem -- if you want a newer gnash, just upgrade your
> entire operating system!!!  That is, if a few days or weeks of
> miscellaneous sysadmin problems aren't too much trouble for you.

Updating all the packages in older releases while still being assured
that there are no regressions is also a hard task. I cannot personnally
test on old release, so I only update at users request, and when users
are ready to test. That being said I can do a fedora flavored spec file
for F8, if you want to build and test it (or not).

--
Pat