Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Development for Win32

From: Tonko Juricic
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Development for Win32
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 19:42:48 -0500

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 2:40 AM, Benjamin Wolsey <address@hidden> wrote:
> I seem to remember we
> aren't careful enough about distinguishing between mingw and native
> Windows, so sometimes (for instance) unistd.h is included without an
> ifdef.
>
> Depending on how much this is the case and which alternative headers are
> required, it might be worth delegating all such cases to a simple Gnash
> header file with something like:
>
> #ifdef WIN32
> # include <windows.h>
> #else
> # include <unistd.h>
> #endif
>
> instead of doing it in individual files.

I'm sticking with:

#ifdef WIN32
# include <windows.h>
#else
# include <unistd.h>
#endif

for now and we will see how it goes.

In the meantime I am finding minor issues that I would like to address
ASAP and with the least amount of effort :)

Should I post them as bugs? Namely, I got savannah id and installed
Bazaar on my Windows machine, but
I think it is still too early for me to start checking in code
modifications. (BTW, anybody can suggest a GUI for Bazaar
that also works on Windows? I need it especially for diffing and file
content viewing. Command line is just fine for the rest)

I am talking about minuscle changes like:

a) BitsReader.h - read_s8() function needs boost namespace added for
return type and cast like:

boost::int8_t read_s8()
{
    return static_cast<boost::int8_t>(read_u8());
}

and

b) utility.h - function prototype must include linkage __stdcall like
below, otherwise VC++ complains when it encounters incompatible
definition in Winbase.h

extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) /* WINBASEAPI */ unsigned long int
__stdcall /* DWORD WINAPI */ GetCurrentThreadId(void);

which still cause compilation errors.