Re: [Gnash-dev] NetConnection URI and .connect

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] NetConnection URI and .connect
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 21:46:17 +0100

> > Have you tried fetching your test from the same domain
> > the connection is attempted to ?
> I just tried:
>  just called .connect, isConnected:false // line right after
> .connect("http://localhost";);
>  Connection status: undefined // this is onStatus, called after the line
> right after .connect
>   on onStatus, nc.isConnected:false

I still haven't worked out what you mean there, but I tried this code

nc = new NetConnection;
nc.onStatus = function(obj) { trace (obj.code); };

ret = nc.connect("http://someserver";);

The Flash Player 10 does attempt a connection there (output version 6).
I'm not sure why it doesn't in the test, but it may only warn once about
attempted connections (there is one before it with rtmp) and then refuse
them silently.

However, after it's displayed the warning message and refused the
connection, it displays:

It's not to do with DNS lookup, as (a) it's too quick and reliable, and
(b) doesn't matter whether I use http://localhost or a made-up server.
The security sandbox is obviously involved.

This is all very difficult to test without a decent network testing

The current release of Gnash is 0.8.4

Benjamin Wolsey, Software Developer -