Re: [Gnash-dev] make error: libpthread.so.0: file not recognized:

From: dolphinling
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] make error: libpthread.so.0: file not recognized:
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:33:54 -0500

Ziv Chin wrote:
~/projects/gnash$./configure --prefix=/usr/arm --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi
--target=arm-none-linux-gnu --disable-plugin --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--with-top-level=/usr/arm-linux-gnu

Markus Gothe wrote:
Build differs from host & target? Seems like a linking error to me.

Why are you using target anyway? Gnash isn't a compiler, you shouldn't need it.

Simply put:
--build is the machine your program's built on
--host is the machine your program runs on
--target is the machine your program compiles things for

/usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/libpthread.so.0: file not recognized: File format
not recognized

The internet has examples of people getting this error when libpthread.so is corrupt or points to the system libpthread.so.0 or libpthread_nonshared.a. Unfortunately if it wasn't the fault of calling --target then I wouldn't know how to fix that other than reinstall/upgrade the package that provides libpthread.so and hope for the best.

--
dolphinling
<http://dolphinling.net/>