Re: [Gnash-dev] GNASH contribution

From: Bacem BERGAOUI
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] GNASH contribution
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:14:37 +0100

this is what I did until now:
- I Downloaded Gnash-source 0.8.4, I compiled it, test it successfully.
- I get the latest sources from bazaar repository, but I was not able to compile it.
- I found some SWF files, from Internet, that does not work correctly, ( like the game "aqua energizer, in "www.miniclip.com"). others worked perfectly.

Is it possible, using the log output, to locate the source cpp file that causes the bug. If not, what can I do to reproduce a bug and locate it's cause ? (decompile the SWF or write my own action Script file ...)?

2009/1/21 Benjamin Wolsey <address@hidden>
> Speaking of which, there's a *very* annoying bug making firefox
> crash regularly with an unexpected death of an X window.
> I tried reproducing with epiphany with no success so might be
> firefox specific (version 1.9.0.5 on a 64bit system).
>
> Does anyone else experience such crashes ?

Yes, there has been an open bug about it for weeks:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?24653

Although what's described in there isn't the same as the X-window crash,
when trying to debug it I get sometimes the behaviour described in the
bug, sometimes an X window fault.

The only website I can always reproduce it on is
http://www.tagesschau.de (but only when it has the little video widget
on the right). But many other sites cause a crash too. On leaving the
page when the SWF is running, any xulrunner browser crashes - for me
both Firefox and Epiphany.

I have tried various different things to fix it, but I've had no luck
whatsoever. All cases seem to be continuing brower-plugin communication
when the plugin no longer exists.

bwy

--
Yes, YouTube does work in Gnash