Re: [Gnash-dev] ColorTransform and EditText (YouTube buzz videos)

From: Michael Fötsch
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ColorTransform and EditText (YouTube buzz videos)
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:44:24 +0100

Benjamin Wolsey wrote:
> It sounds like it is embedded in the YouTube movie. In the testcase you
> attached there were no glyph records (if I remember correctly), so it
> would use a device font even if the SWF specified an embedded font.

Okay, I managed to create a movie that uses an embedded font (starting from testsuite/samples/shared-fonts.swf). With an embedded font, Gnash behaves just like Flash 10 (ColorTransform does apply to the TextField).

What I'm still not sure about is the embedded font in the original YouTube movie. As I mentioned, the font with id 9 contains only 12 glyphs, and it seems to be ignored. (Not sure what its purpose is.)

> The question is how to make it into a self-contained, automated test so
> we know we are getting the text colour right. BitmapData.draw would be
> very useful (drawing a MovieClip into a buffer that's accessible to
> ActionScript), but it's not implemented. Something might be possible
> with MovieClip.transform as strk suggested, but I suspect it won't
> provide any information that the Color class doesn't.

I'll take a closer look. I'm still unfamiliar with the code base, so it's going to take a while.

Kind Regards,
M.F.