Re: [Gnash-dev] How goes the release?

From: Craig Kelley
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] How goes the release?
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:13:57 -0700

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Bastiaan Jacques <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, I am working on that. I essentially reworked the whole thing to
> outsource colorspace conversion to libmedia where it is now being done
> by either mplayer or gstreamer, whichever is avaible. The interface is
> media library-neutral. I also built in automatic detection & usage of Xv
> support if is available and enabled in a .gnashrc setting, where Gnash
> will try to use it and fall back on regular Xlib rendering if it isn't.
> I reworked the code to be a separate GUI to preserve sanity.

Awesome!  Is the MIT-SHM also being auto detected now?  I never really
understood why it was a compile-time option;  there hasn't been an
xf86/xorg server w/o that header in a decade now.

> Anyway, the whole thing basically works now aside from a snag in the Gst
> code that I just discovered and a X error in the Xv Gui that pops up
> "occasionally" and only during asynchronous X operations. Nevertheless I
> am busy now merging the code in such a way that it won't affect
> anything else unless we decide to "flick the switch" given that we're
> about to push a release out.

I had to put an XSync call after a frame was rendered, IIRC.

I'm really looking forward to 0.8.5;  :-)

  -Craig

--
http://inconnu.islug.org/~ink finger address@hidden for PGP block