[Gnash-dev] String encoding problem

From: Lukas Ruetz
Subject: [Gnash-dev] String encoding problem
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:03:25 +0100

Hi,

I render an SWF-animation with dump-gnash into a video. The animation
uses strings encoded in ISO-8859-1, the system (ubuntu 8.04) is running
on UTF-8. The special chars are not rendered correctly.
On another system (ubuntu 8.10) the same gnash version (0.8.4 and 0.8.5)
renders the chars correct, so is this a problem with freetype? Or what
else could be the problem? (I've installed the same fonts on both systems
and updated the fontconfig-cache)

thanks,
Lukas