Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash performance-improved issue

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash performance-improved issue
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:12:10 +0200

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 03:45:51PM +0800, Aix wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I already cross compile gnash 0.8.5 on arm (300MHZ), and the render
> adopted AGG. But the performance seems not good. How to improve gnash
> performance? Can you give me some directions? Can it get better if I
> change the render to skia?

We don't know yet if skia would be faster then AGG.
I'd dubt it, unless it'll support hardware acceleration
when available (and you have it).
Bastiaan Jacques was looking at it: http://www.gnashdev.org/?q=node/57.

If you have an OGL-capable videocard you may try using the opengl
renderer, and improve it where it lacks features.

Also, AGG performance greatly depends on rendering area size, so
tweaking that by using XV for final scaling up should give you
performance at cost of quality.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!