Re: [Gnash-dev] Prepare patches

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Prepare patches
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:40:06 -0600

Andrea Palmatè wrote:

> Ah ok.. so i can have trouble if i use it? And imho it should be the
> best solution to speed up gnash also on Linux

  Maybe it's the best solution for speeding up Gnash, but we haven't
seen it... OpenGL is the fastest renderer, AGG is probably more correct.
Take your pick.

> that's strange because on BSD is included on <netinet/in.h> while on
> Linux is included into <arpa/inet.h> and since AmigaOS use newlib as
> main C library we have the first include.

  As an ex-newlib developer, it was heavily based on BSD code, so it
uses the older API. It would be possible to use netinet/in.h instead of
arpa/inet.h for the hton?() macros, or maybe I should just make our own
that's consistent. I also checked in yesterday changes to the networking
code to make it work on win32, by cross compiling with mingw32. Some of
that involved rearranging headers.

> I'm agree with you. Maybe we can use a local "network.h" and put all
> into it. that file is used in a lot of files so can be replaced simply

  network.h is included in all these files. I have a tendency to put
header files in the source files themselves, but in this case it'd
probably be better to have all this in one place.

> no.. it isn't.. the only solution at momenti is buy a SAM like on of
> that present here http://www.acube-systems.biz/

  We don't have the $900, so there goes that idea... Oh well...