[Gnash-dev] MP3 delays

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] MP3 delays
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 02:52:07 +0200

For the record: I've been trying to analize the MP3 delay seek
(aka latency aka seek samples):

So far I've added space for the delaySeek information in SoundInfo
and have been experimenting with handling this for event sounds by
skipping the specified number of samples from the start of the sound.

Now what I'd need to figure is *which* samples that value refers
to as simply skipping the output samples (decoded and resampled)
doesn't give satisfying results. Note that I patched Ming to
allow specifying delaySeek so more tests can be performed.

It'd likely need testing with differently sampled MP3 files,
both mono and stereo and whatever other difference you may imagine.

Help welcome.

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign  /\  Keep it simple!