Re: [Gnash-dev] Trunk test build experience: Ubuntu Hardy

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Trunk test build experience: Ubuntu Hardy
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:30:37 -0600

On 09/15/09 01:32, John Gilmore wrote:

I figured it's a good time to start testing builds on various platforms,
so pulled down the bzr and tried to build it on an Ubuntu Hardy laptop
I have lying around.

Thanks for some testing! Although I'm, not so sure about everything still working on Hardy.

It got through autogen.sh without trouble, but ./configure with no
arguments reports:

   checking for KDE 4.x header path... configure: error: You specified building
kde4, but you have kde3 installed!

I very recently changed the default from kde3 to kde4, as most distributions this release is going into ship kde4 now. Sounds like that change might be a bit premature... I don't use kde, so I could use a little feedback on which version people are currently using.

Of course, I did no such thing; it defaulted to kde4.  And from the
pages-long list of configure options (configure --help) I can't figure
out how to turn off kde4 support -- let alone specify building it.

  --enable-gui=gtk,kde3

It then diagnosed the lack of libgif-dev and libsdl1.2-dev, which I provided,
and it got past configure.  It's building now.  (Why does it need SDL when
I excluded SDL from the gui list?)

  Unfortunately SDL is used with ffmpeg for media handling.

I see a variety of compiler warnings; should I try to fix them?
There's one in libmedia/gst/MediaParserGst.cpp:259 where it's
comparing an unsigned count to see if it's>= zero, that might cause
trouble.

I've been fixing some warning, fixing the rest would be nice. Some of those may be from the Gstreamer headers.