Re: [Gnash-dev] iPlayer using gnash

From: Matthew Spencer
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] iPlayer using gnash
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:45:44 +0100

Ok, I have changed over to using RTMPClient::connectToServer(), but I am experiencing the same problem.

Looking at packed dumps between flvsttreamer and gnash, there is a clear difference in RTMP  Handshake part 3 (as reported by WireShark).

flvstreamer:
  Me->Server:  RTMP Handshake phase 1 (random payload)
  Server->Me:  RTMP Handshake phase 2 (random payload from server + my initial payload)
  Me->Server:  RTMP Handshake phase 3 (echo of random payload from server)
  Me->Server:  RTMP Invoke connect

gnash:
  Me->Server:  RTMP Handshake phase 1 (random payload)
  Server->Me:  RTMP Handshake phase 2 (random payload from server + my initial payload)
  Me->Server:  RTMP Handshake phase 3 (echo of random payload from server) + connect

The connect is not being sent with the handshake response from me in flvstreamer, instead as a separate packet.  Does anyone have any views on this?  I am going to investigate changing the RTMP_Client code to reflect this and will let you know what happens.

Mat