Re: [Gnash-dev] iPlayer using gnash

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] iPlayer using gnash
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 22:34:55 -0600

On 09/17/09 04:44, Matthew Spencer wrote:

(back from being offline all week)

The point here is that the NetStream is only created after a successful
connection to the server.  My feeling is that this should be signalled after
the Invoke::connect response is returned from the server.  The current code
only attempts to make a connection when NetConnection::call is called, which
will never happen in the code sample above.  I therefore plan to issue the
handshake and Invoke::connect when NetConnection::connect is called

The current file I sent you only supported remoting, not streaming. I've been working on streaming support, but only on the server side.

Secondly, the current rtmp_client code has a hardcoded value for swfUrl for
the version of RTMPClient::encodeConnect that is used when generating the
Invoke::connect call.  Through investigation, I can prove that the iPlayer
servers are sensitive to this value being correct, so I plan to add a new
version of the call that allows me to define a proper version for swfUrl.

Yep, that was a hack, sorry. You can extract the URL you need from the Gnash VM.

Any comments on what I have said?

You might also find http://tlb.org/rtmpout.html useful, although it's for a live RTMP stream, and not a disk based one.