[Gnash-dev] Sound Volume defaults

From: Miriam Ruiz
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Sound Volume defaults
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 03:01:29 +0200

Hi,

I've just received this bug report in Debian [1]:

"""
Whenever I start playing a video (e.g.: inside my browser,
with mozilla-plugin-gnash) gnash sets its volume level to the maximum
value (that is to say: 100 %).
This is way too much for my set up, hence I have to manually move the
slider and set gnash volume to a value around 20 % or 30 %, if I
want to avoid breaking my eardrums!

[...]

I would like to have a configuration option to be placed into
my ~/.gnashrc that sets the initial value for gnash volume.
Something like "set volume 25" would set the initial value for
the volume to 25 %
Of course the user should still be able to change the volume level
while gnash is running...
"""

Is there something available along these lines?

Thanks in advance,
Miry