Re: [Gnash-dev] oprofile difficulties, easy access to debuginfo, and oth

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] oprofile difficulties, easy access to debuginfo, and other thoughts
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:09:31 -0600

On 10/13/09 23:39, Kevin Kofler wrote:
On Wednesday 14 October 2009, Rob Savoye wrote:
Is the Gstreamer packages standard now,

We build Gnash against GStreamer in Fedora, for the usual patent reasons.
(GStreamer's modular architecture allows adding the patent-encumbered codecs
from third-party repositories. FFmpeg's monolithic structure makes it a no go
for Fedora.)

Sure, but even Gstreamer still needs the ffmpeg plugin to work with YouTube. On the XO 1.0, the version of Gstreamer was custom, which caused me endless problems with Gnash. So what I was wondering is if on the XO 1.5 is it's using the standard Gstreamer in Fedora 11, or the older custom version.