Re: [Gnash-dev] SendAndLoad

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] SendAndLoad
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 14:02:15 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 22.11.2009, 12:37 +0000 schrieb Carlos Castro:
> I've created a simple html page containing simply an swf application.
> I have a PHP page running on my server (localhost) that responds to
> the SWF application requests. It all works well if I run it from my
> browser.
>
> The problem is when I run the SWF application using gnash player it
> gives me the 503 error.
> I've atached a jpeg of the gnash verbose output.

The sendAndLoad function just sends a string of data as a get or post
request and waits for a reply. Your server is sending an error response,
meaning it has had an error (at the latest) while handling the request,
which suggests that unexpected data may be being sent (though a 503 -
service unavailable - response sounds a bit like a server bug as well).

As it's your server, you should be able to see what query is received
under both circumstances (Gnash and the Adobe plugin), and if you tell
us the difference between them we might be able to fix it.

It's worth checking things like the "referer" field, whether it's sent
as get or post, or if the query string is escaped differently, is
missing fields, or contains a double '?' etc.

Also note that Gnash used to send sendAndLoad requests using the post
method by default. This was wrong, and is fixed at least since 0.8.6.

bwy

--
The current release of Gnash is 0.8.6
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/