Re: [Gnash-dev] Video problem with youtube HD?

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Video problem with youtube HD?
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:35:44 +0100

Hi John, gnashers,
I finally got around looking at this.
Ok, it's a bit late as youtube is switching to a new player,
anyway a progress in Gnash is always good.

It turns out the problem with HD button was simply the
handling of a subsequent NetStream.play(url).
Gnash wasn't doing a clean reset of the decoders thus
feeding mixed input from old and new stream.

Since I was there I also fixed the 'seek-outside-buffered-position'
that is what happen when you move the handle out of the red zone.
Also in that case a new stream is connected but it starts
with timestamps far away from zero. Gnash used to wait for the
while time (from 0) to the point before going on.

With revision r11666 we do set the playhead position to the
one advertised by first available frame in input stream.
This also fixes the 'replay' button at the end.

In addition to the URL reported below here's another url
for testing (non-ABC ones become more rare as time passes):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeFuMheKOS0

Tests welcome.

--strk;