[Gnash-dev] how to run standalone or make a wrapper?

From: Dmitry Shalnoff
Subject: [Gnash-dev] how to run standalone or make a wrapper?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:50:35 +0000

Hello list,

I'm designer/ActionScript developer and I'm trying to make interactive GUI/game for OpenMoko by using AS. gnash perfectly installs on the device (and even show more-less nice performance), but I stuck in a simple thing. I just don't know how to run it in a fullscreen mode. I've seen that gnash have a -x option for running in separate window. So, I decide to create some wrapper (at first on C by using GTK libs) -- but unsuccessfully. Probably my experience not enough for that.

Anyway now I think that will be better to use pythin for that (becouse python preistalled on OM and not necessary to compile anything). But, in any case, I never have a deal with python too. And my experiments finished also unsuccessfully.

I know, that gnash was created as a GUI platform for embeded system. So, maybe somebody just show me a little trick for running my swf in standalone windowed/windowless/fullscreen mode? some python wrapper or something like that?

and just a second little quesion, why FScommands doesn't work on gnash, in spite of setting in .gnashrc (set ignoreFSCommand off)? on i386 and on ARMEL port too.

thank you beforehand for any help.

Dmitry