Re: [Gnash-dev] vaapi update

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] vaapi update
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 22:43:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 13 May 2010, John Gilmore wrote:

Their draft schedule was:

* End of January: release new versions of Cairo and Pixman that
contain the new APIs reuired by GStreamer
* October: another Fedora/Ubuntu release that switches all users to
the new APIs

I don't know how this is going, but it's April/May and have we heard
any encouragement for our Flash player to make use of a new video
rendering API for gstreamer?

Cairo has not made a new release available that would include the new
APIs. The API still seems to be in the design stage. I think the mentioned distros will wait for that. I don't know how things are
going on the Gstreamer front.

Bastiaan