Re: [Gnash-dev] Stable branch of Gnash

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Stable branch of Gnash
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 14:25:48 +0200

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 05:51:49PM -0700, John Gilmore wrote:

> My preference for an outcome here would be:
>
>   *  We figure out why Rob's pre-checkin test runs are not showing
>      things that Benjamin's post-checkin test runs make obvious.

+1

>   *  We keep the tree compiling and passing its test suite almost
>      every day.

+1

>   *  If we have really made youtube usable with the hacks and kludges
>      about plugin reporting of version numbers, etc, then I hope we
>      can cut a release sometime soon, so the distros can pick it up as
>      an update and make gnash usable for the most popular video site.

No hacks, the youtube guys gently made their javascript code recognize
gnash and throw it an AVM1 version of the player.

We still need to figure why it takes cookies refusal to avoid the
"an error occurred" message. Not sure anyone is looking at it, but
I agree it would help keeping the user base.