Re: [Gnash-dev] Stable branch of Gnash

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Stable branch of Gnash
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 11:34:54 -0500

On 05/22/2010 01:13 AM, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> There seems to be no prospect of getting the maintainer to understand
> this, as the same problems have arisen again and again, and as I've been
> removed from the project on Savannah, it seems there is no choice anyway
> but to move development of Gnash somewhere else.

  You can't move Gnash somewhere else, you can only fork it. I'm not
sure how you have think you can appoint yourself the Maintainer of
Gnash, it just doesn't work that way. You haven't even been barely
contributing for months, and I'm still very active. Your threats to
remove all my checkins from the project I stared and have maintained for
many years is beyond insulting. What really pisses me off is I paid you
for many months of work instead of myself as I valued your
contributions, and rather than being thankful, you go into attack mode.

  I find this pretty silly myself, over a few test cases that have been
failing since before my checkin. The ExternalInterface code doesn't even
barely get used, and cases zero stability problems in Gnash anyway.

  Your "patch" to the ExternalInterface code has created a new segfault,
thanks for breaking it what I was working on. Now I have to waste time
to fix it. You are as guilty of everything you accuse me of, but of
course you refuse to see it that way.

 Please change the name, and don't forget your obligations under the
GPL. I'd just as soon get back to working on Gnash, than fighting with
somebody with a god complex.