Re: [Gnash-dev] make check results

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] make check results
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:33:08 -0600

On 05/25/10 14:23, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> The swfmill version is too old. There should be a version check in
> configure, and it should warn at least.

  I built swfmill from it's trunk on all machines, so I'd have a hard
time thinking it's old.

> It relies on Perl closing the socket before it finishes to test the
> XMLSocket.onClose method. I never found a very reliable way of doing
> this, so if anyone can improve the test (it fails to complete
> occasionally for me too) it would be helpful.

  Expect, which we already use, would be better, as it is more designed
for this type of task.

> I suspect it would make the code much cleaner if you separated the
> ExternalInterface API from the AS implementation much more strictly.
> This could involve moving the actual ExternalInterface API
> implementation into a separate file and attaching the whole thing to
> movie_root.

  That may be were it goes. If I move the check for network data from
the browser into movie_root, then some of the complexity in
ExternalInterface would go away. To do that I'd move all the lower-level
code into libcore, and it would be separate from the class definition.
So we may actually agree.