Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Testing API

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Testing API
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 20:32:39 +0200

> > Also, the test was originally written using the check API and wasn't
> > changed until you recently started working on it. Finally, the entire
>
>   I'll assume this is a technical statement...

It is a simple statement of fact, relevant to the way we handle existing
code, and shouldn't be taken as an accusation or anything intentionally
provocative. I'm sure the same can be said for the other responses to
this issue, which seem measured and factual to me.

> I changed it as
> originally it was all bogus tests to a handful of unimplemented methods.

But wait a minute. A bogus test is one that fails with the Adobe player.
None of those original tests failed with the Adobe player, so none of
them was bogus. Whether you think they were useful or not is a different
matter (though any test that shows the behaviour of the pp like those
tests useful), but if we are to remain factual and civil, we shouldn't
use words like "bogus" inappropriately.

bwy

--
The current release of Gnash is 0.8.7