Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash plugin is crashing with boost - format-string is i

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash plugin is crashing with boost - format-string is ill-formed
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 09:21:55 -0600

On 06/07/10 07:50, Praveen A wrote:

> I can do squeeze and karmic as well.

  Awesome. You can also use pbuilder to build 32bit packages on a 64bit
host, if you have enough disk space for all the chroots.

> I'm trying to build 64 bit fedora version too, but I'm facing problems
> with kde paths (which has workarounds in official spec file), and
> libdir (which is /usr/lib64 in 64 bit fedora but by default it is
> taken as prefix/lib, it would be good if configure can detect this)

  Hum, I don't have any 64bit Fedora machines, for 64bit I've only got
Lucid. I should look at that spec file, but yeah, this kind of thing we
should be able to handle with configure. Basically all the kde paths are
determined by macros/kde4.m4. Down around line 145 is probably the
problem. It uses $libslist, but does additional checks for /lib64.
Currently it tries to use kde4-config for the right base paths.

  When debugging these kinds of things, the hack is to set CONFIG_SHELL
to "sh -x" in your environment, and then run "sh -x configure
options...". In the volumes of debug info you can see every line of the
configure shell script get executed in great detail.

> I tried to merge both spec files, but still rpm build is failing for
> no reason :( no error message given, but manually running make in the
> buildroot works!

  For Gnash, I use "make rpm", which edits the gnash.spec template for
the proper version of the snapshot, and then runs rpmbuild. At least for
32bit Fedora, this works fine.

  I've been recommended to use Koji for Fedora package builds, which is
sortof like a pbuilder for rpms.

        - rpm -