Re: [Gnash-dev] Adobe player results for MovieClip-v8.swf

From: Robinson Tryon
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Adobe player results for MovieClip-v8.swf
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 19:49:30 -0700

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:45 PM, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thank you Robinson.
> Unfortunately I'm afraid you're running an old binary of that test.
> Not 100% sure but I belive the online tests are not being updated at all.

Ah, okay. That would explain some things.

> I can't send you mine right now, maybe Benjamin can.

Thanks for offering, but don't worry about sending me a copy -- I
assume the tests are in version control; I'm currently traveling but
will back on my own computer on Monday and can update to the latest
version of the tests.

> Finally, consider downloading and installing the debugging standalone
> adobe flash player. The _debugging_ player will write the results
> on standard error so maybe it's easier to redirect into a file.

I've got the debugging flash player on my laptop, yes. I'll definitely
put it to use when I get back home.

> Thanks again.

I'm quite happy to help!

If the online tests are currently out of date, what would people think
about updating them or removing them? A cron job could be used to
recompile the tests from their sources every day or so, or we could
just remove the copies online and make sure that the wiki has good
documentation on how to download, compile, and run the tests.

I'd be happy to help with either one of those tasks...

-- qubit