[Gnash-dev] code freeze scheduling for 0.8.8

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] code freeze scheduling for 0.8.8
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:55:22 -0600

Now that I'm back from the deep woods, I was thinking about the next
release. My current thought is to schedule it for around the end of the
first week of August, giving me a few weeks to get it out before the end
of the month. Since I've been building snapshots from trunk for months,
the release process should be much less packaging and build fixes than
usual.

The two main distribution schedules we need to pay attention to are:

Ubuntu Maverick Beta Freeze - Aug 26
Ubuntu Maverick Final Freeze - Sept 16

Fedora 14 Beta Change Deadline - Sept 7

So Sept 7 is the latest date we could get the release out. I'd prefer a
week or so before that to give us all a little cushion. My assumption is
early August should give us all time to finish up current tasks. I know
I have a few things that won't be in this release as they are longer
term tasks. Other thoughts ?