Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash on the iPhone/iPad

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash on the iPhone/iPad
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 22:18:51 -0600

On 06/29/10 09:09, Ashley Reid wrote:
> I am pretty keen to give this project a go. Does anyone know of any
> initiatives?

  It's been done.. First you need a jailbroken iThingy and a toolchain.
Then you build all the dependencies that Gnash needs, and you can get
the standalone player to work. I never tried to get video and sound
working when I tried this as a proof of concept on the original iPhone.
Chances are it'll need some build/config hacking to work out of trunk.

> I have not done any safari plugins or ipad dev work yet, so will be ramping

  I'm not sure if Safari uses the NPAPI support in WebKit, if so, it'd
be easy. If not, you'd need to write a WebKit style plugin.