Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash fallback in Lightspark

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash fallback in Lightspark
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 20:07:47 -0600

On 08/02/10 15:12, Alessandro Pignotti wrote:

> I'd like to announce that since release 0.4.2.2 lightspark will fallback
> on gnash (if detected on the system) for any clip using AVM1. I'd like
> to received some feedback from the gnash dev about the current status
> and I'd like to know if the Gnash site could somehow give visibility to
> lightspark as currently the fallback machinery should guarantee a
> quality of service not less than the one offered by gnash. The only case
> that currently is handled better in pure gnash is the ExternalInterface,
> which is not yet implemented.

  Since we're both GPL'd, you're welcome to steal the scriptable support
I added to the plugin. :-) It's pretty simple to add, even if it looks
like a lot of new code. On the VM side, it's not as simple...

  Somebody (my guess it'll have to be me) needs to make the Gnash plugin
fallback to Lightspark to make this really useful for us. I'll see about
adding something to the web page on this, but it sure would be nice if I
didn't have to do all of our web site maintainance.