[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Gnash-dev] Flash on the Ipad

From: Ashley Reid
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Flash on the Ipad
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:28:11 +0200

SDL implements the uikit, so would not that be reinventing the wheel? And the rest of gnash is compiled with SDL, so would not there be conflicts when taking this out? I already used the same uikit implementation in SDL for the standalone  app (built from untouched code in the gnash gui). This uses SDL_uikitopenglview which has a ECALayer. The framebuffer is accessed indirectly from openglES. In the end manually doing this may be the only way.

"This is the work, if you need my help i can make it without problems,
just need to be able to build it here on osx with AGG backend."

I can provide you with the gnash binaries with AGG backend and you can compile against those.

"AGL backend surface" - do you mean AGG backend surface? There is no AGL (carbon) on iphone, as far as I know.

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Piero B. Contezini <address@hidden> wrote:
What you need to do is take out everything about SDL and replace it
with the uikit.

Actually the work to be done is translate the AGL backend surface to a
CALayer surface, then draw it as the sample plugin from steve does.

This is the work, if you need my help i can make it without problems,
just need to be able to build it here on osx with AGG backend.

In my sample files i've sent you a null uikit gui, this is the start
point as you need to build a null gui, because in the production
environment you will already have another gui (the mobile safari).

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Ashley Reid <address@hidden> wrote:
> The aqua gui uses Carbon (AGL)? That is not present on the iphone/ipad.
> plus, the SDL library is being maintained on the iphone, so there is
> reliable code there. Lets hope the issues you talk of are not too big.
> Thanks for the script suggestions, will make the changes. I need to learn a
> bit more about configure/autoconf/libtool in general and then clean up some
> of those files. At some points I was just hacking at random places in the
> configure scripts to make sure things worked...
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 08/09/10 15:38, Ashley Reid wrote:
>> > I have finally started putting something on the web (after taking a 2
>> > week
>> > break). Here
>>  Thanks for putting this info on our wiki.
>> > There is a repository with the basic scripts and the standalone app.
>> > I will want to put the libraries up
>> > next and then all the special stuff I had to do to compile.
>>  I see some weirdness in your script. For one thing, the
>> configure script looks in $prefix for dependencies, so if you change
>> $TOOLS_PRE/gnash to just $TOOLS_PRE, that should make all the other
>> -incl and -lib options unnecessary.
>> --enable-renderer=agg will disable cairo, so you don't need
>> -enable-cairo=no. There is also prototype Aqua support in Gnash, it
>> might be worth finishing that up than using SDL. SDL has tons of
>> problems with poor event handling.
>>        - rob -
>> _______________________________________________
>> Gnash-dev mailing list
>> address@hidden
> _______________________________________________
> Gnash-dev mailing list
> address@hidden

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]