Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Problem enabling both ffmpeg and gst

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Problem enabling both ffmpeg and gst
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:25:28 +0200 (MEST)

> How the switch between renderers and handlers are made ? Is it automatic ?
> If yes, on which criteria ?

It's different for each. For media handlers you can choose one with the -M
switch, or as a default the alphabetically first available handler is chosen.

For the renderer you can choose it with the -R switch, while the default is
hard-coded. There is also an rcfile option for the renderer, not sure about the
media handlers.

> Also, are opengl and cairo renderers are now as stable as agg ?

They are as stable, but ogl has very few features correctly implemented. Cairo
is considerably less good than agg, and will fall further behind when I've
finished what I'm working on (and worked out how to use git).

bwy