Re: [Gnash-dev] Pledge for Gnash funding of AVM2 development

From: Ashley Reid
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Pledge for Gnash funding of AVM2 development
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:47:35 +0200

And also enough time. I would be super interested in doing the dev, but have a full time job....

I had the idea of trying to convince my old university to do open-source projects over a 2 year period. So the students get to learn a lot about source control and the community gets some workers. It would require management of the workers, but would be beneficial in the end.

Ash

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10/20/10 04:33, Ashley Reid wrote:
> I would gladly take part, but is 1000$ really enough? What is the actual
> cost estimate? I would imagine something around the 5000$ mark?

 I've already raised and spent about 10 times that amount on the prior
failed avm2 attempts, so I'd think in much bigger numbers. The last avm2
grant proposal I did was a 6 figure number, assuming several people
would be required to do all the work in a reasonable amount of time.
Harder than raising money, the real problem is finding a developer
interested in doing this time-consuming task.