[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: buildbot: UTF8 locale

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: buildbot: UTF8 locale
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 07:52:03 +0100

Thanks for the info Petter,
I'm wondering if we should NOT rely on the system locale
at all (except for having an UTF-8 installed).
This I mean in gnash core, not external code like test runners.
Ben, would it be sensible to look for an UTF-8 local at start
time and use it when needed for conversions ?

Petter: meanwhile maybe add the requirement to the wiki 
under "Settin up a slave" ?


On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:54:15PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [strk]
> > Seek for 'locale' and you'll fined no error in the kfreebsd one.
> > Check end of file and you see "GNASH MUST WORK" test failing in one
> > and not in the other.
> >
> > I'm now trying with LANG.
> I believe I found the cause of the locale related testsuite failures:
> % grep -r en_US testsuite/
> testsuite/simple.exp:set env(LANG) en_US.UTF-8
> testsuite/simple.exp:set env(LANGUAGE) en_US.UTF-8
> testsuite/simple.exp:set env(LC_ALL) en_US.UTF-8
> testsuite/network.all/network.exp:set env(LANG) en_US.UTF-8
> testsuite/network.all/network.exp:set env(LANGUAGE) en_US.UTF-8
> testsuite/network.all/network.exp:set env(LC_ALL) en_US.UTF-8
> testsuite/misc-haxe.all/classes.all/classes.exp:set env(LANG) en_US.UTF-8
> testsuite/misc-haxe.all/classes.all/classes.exp:set env(LANGUAGE) en_US.UTF-8
> testsuite/misc-haxe.all/classes.all/classes.exp:set env(LC_ALL) en_US.UTF-8
> %
> The test suite expect the en_US.UTF-8 locale to exist, and fail if it
> does not.
> I would recommend adding a new testsuite test to verify that the
> output of 'locale charmap' is UTF-8, and report an error with the
> current locale if it is not.  It would make it more obvious how to fix
> this problem.  Even better would be to pick an existing UTF-8 locale
> using 'locale -a | grep -i utf-8 | head -1' or similar instead of
> hardcoding en_US.UTF-8.
> I've added the en_US.UTF-8 locale to my buildbot slave, and the
> uppercase/lowercase test now succeeds.
> Happy hacking,
> -- 
> Petter Reinholdtsen
> _______________________________________________
> Gnash-dev mailing list
> address@hidden


  ()   Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]