Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash on Android with OpenVG support

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash on Android with OpenVG support
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:36:21 -0600

On 06/07/11 23:07, Sergey Sukhoi wrote:

> Can I build Gnash on Android ARMv6-platform with OpenVG support?

  You can try... :-) I've been using a Freescale Babbage board for this
work up till now. The long term goal is to be able to use OpenVG on
Android to solve the current performance problems with software
rendering on the ARM. Without funding, this work is slowly progressing
as I have time...

>   does Gnash supports OpenVG?

  This work is still in an "hwaccel"  branch, but in that branch, the
OpenVG renderer works with the framebuffer. I do have code that supports
using GTK with the libMesa OpenVG support as well, but it needs to be
more thoroughly debugged.

>   how I can build Gnash with OpenVG on Android?

  I haven't gone through the process of updating my C++ cross toolchain
for the latest Android release, but it "should work" if you have a fully
functional C++ compiler with the dependencies Gnash needs.

        - rob -
(catching up from being offline for a week, sorry...)