Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash L10n

From: Chris Leonard
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash L10n
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:51:10 -0400

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 3:58 AM, Sandro Santilli <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 03:45:31PM -0400, Chris Leonard wrote:
> Dear Gnash-devs,
>
> I very much believe that one of the simplest ways to expand your user-base
> is to add new languages to your L10n.  A small fraction of those users may
> become contributors, so it can help with recruiting developers as well.  I
> am quite happy to facilitate the L10n of Gnash via hosting on our Pootle
> instance, but I am curious as to why Gnash does not take advantage of
> hosting L10n on the Gnome Damned Lies server.
>
> http://l10n.gnome.org/

I think short answer is: nobody has time to do much around here.

You're the most active person in Gnash l10n at this moment, so
it's really up to you to decide what's easier for both yourself
and the translators community to do.

I will feel out the Gnome i18n team on what would be involved and bring the information back to this list for consideration.  I will not presume to decide for the community, but I will investigate and present the options.

cjl