Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash Temporary Files

From: scott092707
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash Temporary Files
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 22:55:36 -0400 (EDT)

>Theoretically, documentation about gnashpluginrc would be here:
>http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/manual/gnashuser.html#gnashrc
...but apparently not, as I already searched through there.  No .gnashpluginrc mention, and no mention of any of the environment variables about which I was told in the earlier exchange.

I went and searched through my email, and found the original also mentioned
GTK ("You can set it trough the gtk menu (edit->preferences Media tab)")  This sounds like it is in the gnash player menu.
Sadly, I find no gnash player in my Ubuntu main menu, and when I right click on a flash file and select the gnash player from the "open with other program" option, nothing happens...
I looked in Synaptic, and I definitely have the player 0.8.8.  I see "gnash-doc".  Hmmm... I'll install that, and see what I find...
Meanwhile...

I see now, that in my reply to the original email (now lost - no email addresses), that I addressed my responses to you, Sandro, and to someone named Bastiaan.;
It appears Bastiaan answered about the gnashpluginrc file, and you about gtk.
Given the names of the variables, I could speculate that "saveStreamingMedia" saves flash files and "saveLoadedMedia" saves other types of files.
"saveLoadedMedia" could, on the other hand, mean "don't delete after playing the flash file".  Without access to the documentation describing the usage, removing"saveLoadedMedia" might be what I want, but also might mean that I must grab the flash files before YouTube finishes playing them or they might be gone...

Does gnash read the gnashpluginrc file every time Firefox runs, or only when the plugin is first installed (in which case, to make a change to the file would mean uninstalling/reinstalling the plugin)?

-Scott