Re: [Gnash-dev] release ?

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] release ?
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:24:34 +0100

> Can you identify the files that contain the most important UI
> elements?  If you can point out the most significant file locations,
> I would be willing to make an attempt at manually creating a "reduced
> PO" for Gnash (as is done for some Gnome projects) that might at least
> give localizers an opportunity to cover the most important strings
> without diving into a 17,105 word PO file.

It would help if log_debug messages weren't marked as translatable,
since they are of interest only to developers and it's not helpful if we
get debugging reports in Spanish or Japanese anyway. I believe that was
the policy up to now (at least it's what I did).

Core GUI strings are exclusively in the gui/ directory.

Free Flash, use Gnash

Benjamin Wolsey, Software Developer -
C++ and Open-Source Flash blog -