Re: [Gnash-dev] [Gnash] gnash 0.8.10 compilation problem

From: chris janusz
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] [Gnash] gnash 0.8.10 compilation problem
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 18:31:32 -0700

Hi Rob:
  I am doing it for personal interest, so , in fact, i am glad someone is doing it on similar platform :-)
Anyway, I am getting closer and closer..... QT was my choice, i didn't enable GTK or SDL, I could try those, but since I've been getting close on QT, didn't want to give up yet.

Here is what i got so far, "qt4-gnash -r1 gravity.swf", a window showed up on my screen(some portion went outside of my screen), I can only see something like "movie control" menu.
The swf is not being played though.
I got this step, by hardcoding "-qws -display directfb" options in :
gui/qt/Qt4Gui.cpp, function Qt4Gui::init(), so it pass these  options to QApplication class when instantiate it.

Are there any maintainers for the QT part of gnash reading this list?

Thanks
chris

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:
On 06/04/12 14:54, chris janusz wrote:

>     Unfortunately, I am cross-compiling for mips platform.  I've done some
> manual tweaks, after configuration, to make the compilation going.
> And now, it finally got compiled.  My gui is "Qt",  it crashed right after
> I typed in "qt4-gnash -h", a little gdb trace showed that jemalloc.c is the
> offending one, so i disabled use JEMALLOC flag.

 I guess you don't want to hear I do build Gnash for the MIPS. :-) SO
my first question is, do you need QT ? You can limit Gnash to build only
one GUI, GTK or SDL might give you better luck with less trouble. I
doubt it's jemalloc that's the problem, it sounds more like weird build
problems.