[Gnash-dev] boost iostream and npapi plugin

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: [Gnash-dev] boost iostream and npapi plugin
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 21:58:32 +0100

I was testing the npapi plugin on an Ubuntu 14.04 and was surprised
to get a runtime error of this kind:

  LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
  /extra/gnash-dev/npapi/libgnashplugin.so:
  undefined symbol: _ZN5boost9iostreams20file_descriptor_sinkC1Eib]

Indeed there's no boost_iostream library linked by the plugin,
while it seems to be needed.

Looking at git history a recent commit changed the way boost libraries
are handled in macros/boost.m4, could it have affected this ?

 commit 8603e08253b3c60aca5c775ccf1cd576535c7cf0

In particular, I don't get any WARNING or ERROR at ./configure time
for the lack of iostream library. I noticed in the commit that some
variables were renamed in boost.m4
(cygnal_missing_libs -> missing_cygnal_libs)
while the old name is still used in configure.ac

Is iostream needed on all systems ? Should we print an ERROR if
those libraries are missing ?