Re: [Gnash] Missing library checks in configure

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Missing library checks in configure
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:33:56 +0100

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 10:37:32AM -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:
[cuts]
>   --enable-reader is for the XML support. I wrote both a DOM and SAX
> (using XMLReader) style parsers for XML based files and networking
> messages. This is a cool feature as it lets a Flash movie communicate
> with other devices using XML. Great for embedded devices that need to
> control something, and for the devices to control what's displayed.
> Anyway, for now, the DOM parser is the default.

Mmm... big mess here.
There are 3 (Three) different places where
AC_ARG_ENABLE(reader, ...) is invoked:

One is advertised as --enable-xmlreader (the one you're talking about)
and it's in configure.ac

Another is the advertised as --enable-plugin (in macros/firefox.m4)

Last one is advertised to be --enable-http in configure.ac

I guess this is the confusion about interaction of the various
pieces ... What about renaming to AC_ARG_ENABLE(xmlreader, ...)
and AC_ARG_ENABLE(http, ...) ?

--strk;