Re: [Gnash] Patch to (partially) implement Actionscript Arrays

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Patch to (partially) implement Actionscript Arrays
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:49:29 -0700

Michael Carlson wrote:

In the past couple of days, I've been working on getting actionscript arrays working in gnash as hopefully the first of many significant contributions to the project. Attached is my initial patch

Thanks for the patch. I have it applied. It passes your test case, nor seems to break anything else, so I'll check it in shortly. Can I get a ChangeLog entry too please ? :-)

My last patch (very small) hasn't been replied to yet - I hope I'm sending this to the right place. Looking forward to any comments people have about it.

I'm just now working my way through the patches and bug reports that came in while I was gone. Sorry about that, but at least I had a good vacation. :-)

Just as a note, for ActionScript support, I've been trying to move towards the style used for the String class I added, which is separate source and header files. impl.cpp is huge enough as it is. Eventually it needs to be modularized as it can be hard to navigate.

I'd like to add, all of this was done without looking at any documents that require a restrictive agreement (I didn't look at Macromedia's

Sounds good! For "significant changes" you'll also need to file an assignment for the FSF. This is needed to incorporate changes into a GPL'd program. That info is at:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Papers.html

If you have a savannah account, I can add you as a project member so you can check in changes directly.

        - rob -