Re: [Gnash] spyware buried in Flash movies

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] spyware buried in Flash movies
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:59:53 -0700

Claus Wahlers wrote:

just wondering,
in what way is this different from google analytics?
would you consider google analytics being spyware?

I consider spyware something buried in an executable format that communicates with a remote service and records information. (at least if their link wasn't broken). I haven't really looked at Google Analytics, so I can't say much.

  But I think I will make loading of external URLs optional.

        - rob -