Re: [Gnash] Block locations

From: Richard Brooklyn
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Block locations
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:24:12 +0000

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 23:58 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> But now, many of these ads are made with flash. So, I thought that it
> would be wonderful that a flash plugin could prevent some flash being
> loaded. It is obvious that the Macromedia/Adobe plugin will never have
> this feature (it doesn't interest them), but a free plugin caring of the
> user could implement this.

Your intentions are good, but implementing this means only bad things
for the project, as it adds complexity, and existing tools can already
block flash objects within sites. So your idea would simply be
re-inventing the wheel.

If you use Firefox, grab the Adblock extension and use that to block
your annoying flash advertisements.