Re: [Gnash] Gnash now runs in browser

From: James Damour
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash now runs in browser
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:25:28 -0500

Rob Savoye wrote:

   annonygmouse wrote:

The elvis.swf from the testsuite put my cpu on fire ;) But I
supose it's because I don't have opengl hardware acceleration...

Probably. Elvis is doing alot, but it runs ok via mozplugger on my system once it loads.

It also does some weird thing on the display.
You can see it under this URL:
http://sebastia.homelinux.net/~jo/varis/gnash_mozilla_plugin.png

I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. On my Xeon system, I got some pretty interesting ones:

Something similar happened in GNU Classpath's Image rendering iusing GTK-based AWT peers a few months ago. Thomas Fitzsimmons from RedHat (<fitzsim at *redhat* dot com>) fixed the problem, but sadly I don't know the details; you may want to ask him if he recalls the root cause. I suspect that (as Rob surmises) something isn't providing a default rendering for the part of the window that is larger than the SWF being displayed.

--
James Damour
address@hidden