Re: [Gnash] feature request: fullscreen player.

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] feature request: fullscreen player.
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 09:31:41 -0700

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
I'm not sure how feasble would this be for the stand alone player to have a fullscreen mode/resize capabilities. Some movies/games would absolutely be better experienced in fullscreen... And Flash+OpenGL in Gnash, this seems to be quite appealing.

I have some GLX code in one of the OpenGL examples I was using that does this by grabbing the video mode. I don't think it would be that hard to do. Me personally, I'd want there to be a key sequence of some kind like in Ogle or Xine to pop between them full screen and windowed mode. I think there should also be a compile time option to lock the display in full screen mode for embedded devices. I'm not 100% sure when this will get added, but it'll go on the TODO list.

        - rob -