Re: [Gnash] How about snapshots?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] How about snapshots?
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:00:35 -0700

Dmitry Marakasov wrote:

I wonder why are there no snapshots of gnash released?

Because it's under heavy development with daily CVS checkins. I was mostly waiting till I get the plugin to stabilize. I guess if people *really* wanted a snapshot, I could make one...

If snapshots were available I could've update FreeBSD port of gnash
to more recent version (not it uses old gnash-20051226.tar.gz, the
only snapshot released ever, AFAIK). That'll make it possible for

That snapshot was only for GNU project acceptance, and shouldn't be used for distribution. It's not in very good shape... and basically is to make sure all the licensing and GNU coding standards are met.

huge FreeBSD community to run and test gnash in different environments
on different architectures - there will definitely be more people
interested in trying out port than these who'll get sources from
CVS and compile them by hand. Why not release a snapshot?

Is grabbing the sources from CVS that difficult ? You mean a binary snapshot so people don't have to compile anything ?

        - rob -